SkinPen® Precision is the ONLY Class II, FDA Cleared Microneedling Device.
What is SkinPen®?
SkinPen® is clinically proven to improve the appearance of acne scars and skin discoloration (melasma) for people aged 22 and above in all skin types.
It is the first globally approved microneedling device with C.E. mark and I.S.O. Certification
C.E. Mark: A certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety and environmental protection standards for products designed to be sold in the European Economic Area.
I.S.O.: International Organization for Standardization. International Standards give world class specifications for products, services and systems, to ensure quality, safety and efficiency.
What does the SkinPen® do?
SkinPen triggers the skin’s remodeling process by creating thousands of tiny micro-injuries in the dermis, generating new collagen without causing the formation of scar tissue.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
Phase I: Inflammation.
- Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
Phase II: Proliferation.
- The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
Phase III: Remodeling.
- The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.
What to expect from a SkinPen® treatment:
A plan for optimal results.
- Our team may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals.
- Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
A comfortable procedure.
- Based on your needs, your physician will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
A short procedure time.
- The treatment will likely take 30 minutes to one hour.
A mild sensation.
- Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
Minimal post-procedure effects.
- The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn.
- Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning.
- These conditions resolved over time without any further complications.
- Your clinician will provide Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
An effective post-procedure protocol.
- Your provider might recommend an aftercare regimen.
- Ask about Skinfuse®, Bellus Medical’s 90-day protocol specifically formulated to support your skin following microneedling.